The BioCyc Update Notification system enables users to designate
pathways or genes of interest to them; subsequently, BioCyc will send a
personalized notification email when a new BioCyc release
includes updated curation for any of the designated objects.
The notification email will include details about which attributes of
which objects have been updated, and will include links to the
corresponding BioCyc page. Notification emails will be sent out a
maximum of four times per year; you may unsubscribe from these emails at any
time. Update Notifications are database-specific, e.g. if you
subscribe to a pathway in EcoCyc, you will not be notified if that
pathway receives additional curation in BsubCyc.
The following kinds of update notifications are available:
- Individual Pathways: Designate a pathway to receive notification when there is new curation to the pathway itself, or to any of its reactions, enzymes or genes.
- Pathway Classes: Two possibilities are available:
- Receive notification when new pathways are added to a class.
- Receive notification when either new pathways are added to a class
or any existing pathways (including their reactions, enzymes or genes)
in the class have new curation.
- Individual Genes: Designate a gene to receive notification when there is new curation to the gene itself (including transcriptional or translational regulation), its product, its regulon, or any complexes or reaction assignments.
- GO Terms: Two possibilities are available:
- Receive notification when new genes are annotated to the GO term or any of its child terms.
- Receive notification when either new genes are annotated to the
GO term or any of its child terms, or any existing genes
(or associated objects) annotated to the GO term or any of its
child terms have new curation.
Manage My Update Notifications
You must be logged in in order to activate update notifications.
There are three ways to activate notifications for an object or set of objects:
- From the Operations menu on the page for that object, select the "Get email notification of updates..." option.
- From a SmartTable, select the column containing the objects you wish to subscribe to and select the "Get email notification of updates..." option in the Operations menu.
- Using the following form to specify an object in the currently
selected organism database. Start typing in the name below and
select from the auto-completion options.
Log in to access form.